- Getting Started
- Policy & Guidelines
- Adobe Acrobat PDFs
- Adobe InDesign
- Special Access and Time Limits in Desire2Learn
- Mathematical Expressions & MathML in Desire2Learn
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Mac)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Windows)
- Microsoft Publisher (Windows)
- Microsoft Word Documents (Mac)
- Microsoft Word Documents (Windows)
- Hiring a Third Party Captioning Service
- Creating Your Own Captions
- Uploading a Video to Kaltura Mediaspace
- Attaching a Caption File to Kaltura Mediaspace
- Google Drive Documents
- Help & Resources
- Report an Accessibility Problem
- Home >
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I get information on the Web Accessibility Policy?
- The volume and variety of MSU's Websites is enormous, and the task of making them accessible can seem daunting. What is the recommended approach to work toward increasingly complete compliance with the policy?
- How do different disabilities and medical conditions affect access to the Web?
- Is there a legal requirement that University Websites be accessible?
- Why can't the University offer accommodations on a case by case basis rather than requiring its Websites to be accessible?
- Have there been legal challenges involving Website accessibility at colleges or universities?
- Doesn't the law allow a university to meet its obligations by providing an alternative accessible way for individuals with disabilities to access its programs or services rather than mandating Website accessibility??
- Is the University subject to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973? Is that the relevant standard a court would use to measure Website accessibility?
Course Content and Individual Faculty Web Pages
- Does the Policy regulate faculty instruction or course content?
- Does the Policy apply to individual faculty Web pages?
- Is a Website promoting a faculty member's laboratory or research project subject to the Policy?
- If technology cannot be made accessible, does the policy prohibit its use?
- What resources and technical support are available to help make my Website accessible?
- Some of the Technical Guidelines appear to be too burden-some. What are my options?
- What if my Website contains content that cannot be made accessible?
- Does the Policy prohibit links to external Web pages which do not meet the standards of the University's Web Accessibility Policy?
- Is a document created in Word likely to meet the Policy requirements?
- Is a PDF document likely to meet the Policy requirements?
- Does an application run from a Web page have to meet the requirements of the Web Accessibility Policy?