- Getting Started
- Policy & Guidelines
- Accessibility Basics
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MathType for Equations
- Mathematical Expressions & MathML in Desire2Learn
- D2L Course Accessibility
- Accessible PDFs
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Publisher (Windows)
- Hiring a Third Party Captioning Service
- Creating Your Own Captions
- Uploading a Video to Kaltura Mediaspace
- Attaching a Caption File to Kaltura Mediaspace
- Google Drive Documents
- Help & Resources
- A Guide for Captioning Video
- Captioning Resources
- Classes & Workshops
- Basic Checklist: Online Content Accessibility
- Evaluation & Validation
- Web Accessibility Policy Liaisons
- Course Accessibility Badge and Course Accessibility Review
- Prioritization Guidance
- Faculty Accessibility Questions about Digital Content
- WAPL Schedule
- Report an Accessibility Problem
- IT Next Conference
Digital Experience (DigitalX)
FROM: McCurdy, Rob (CIO)
DATE: Thursday, May 16, 2019
SUBJECT: MSU IT Announcement: Digital Content & Accessibility Team
MSU IT team,
Today at the Digital Access and Inclusion conference, we announced an important transformation and culture shift in the digital access and inclusion space at Michigan State University. This journey began in MSU IT in 2014 with an updated policy on web accessibility, support, and resources, found here: https://webaccess.msu.edu/, and the creation of the Digital Content and Accessibility team.
Why is Access and Inclusion Important to MSU IT?
Digital access and inclusion impact how we access electronic information and remove barriers for persons with disabilities. We are continually working to make our websites and other digital experiences more accessible and usable for everyone. Co-building MSU's accessible and inclusive culture is an important area of focus for our organization, as IT provides support for the creation, development, and procurement of digital goods and services.
Digital Experience Team
Effective immediately, MSU IT's Digital Content and Accessibility Team will be rebranded as the “Digital Experience” team (DigitalX). The team has been extended and strengthened to provide more holistic support for MSU.
DigitalX exists to help students, faculty, and staff create digital experiences that are accessible for everyone, through consulting and best practices. Here's how we do it:
- Extend: In addition to the digital accessibility and video production services currently provided by Advanced Academic and Research Technology (AART), we have extended this team to include Academic Technology Consultants in support of the implementation of effective digital learning strategies that engage students and meet your learning goals.
- Strengthen: To renew our federal digital accessibility compliance efforts in MSU IT and across campus, Nate Evans will continue to lead the DigitalX team in full partnership with Rob Kent and the Office of Civil Rights and Title IX Education and Compliance, including Aislinn Sapp, ADA Coordinator. Other key partnerships include the Office of the General Counsel, Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities (RCPD), Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting (UARC), and a network of unit and college based Web Accessibility Policy Liaisons.
- Align: DigitalX services will be driven by campus strategies like Digital Learning Transformation, the Hub for Innovation in Learning Technology's Online Learning Strategy, the Web Accessibility Policy, and other campus initiatives.
- Innovate: DigitalX offers end-to-end creation and support of digital experiences that are student centric, universally designed, and accessible.
Digital accessibility, video production, or academic technology consultation services can be requested by contacting the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200, email@example.com or via chat at https://tech.msu.edu/support/help/.
We have great energy in MSU IT driving the DigitalX team expansion and we look forward to working with you on these important initiatives. If you have questions, please contact me at CIO@msu.edu.
Feel free to forward this message to your teams and colleagues.