- Getting Started
- Policy & Guidelines
- Accessibility Basics
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MathType for Equations
- Mathematical Expressions & MathML in Desire2Learn
- Special Access and Time Limits in Desire2Learn
- Accessible PDFs
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Publisher (Windows)
- Hiring a Third Party Captioning Service
- Creating Your Own Captions
- Uploading a Video to Kaltura Mediaspace
- Attaching a Caption File to Kaltura Mediaspace
- Google Drive Documents
- Help & Resources
- A Guide for Captioning Video
- Captioning Resources
- Classes & Workshops
- Basic Checklist: Online Content Accessibility
- Evaluation & Validation
- Web Accessibility Policy Liaisons
- Course Accessibility Badge and Course Accessibility Review
- Prioritization Guidance
- Faculty Accessibility Questions about Digital Content
- WAPL Schedule
- Report an Accessibility Problem
- IT Next Conference
Attaching a Caption File to Kaltura MediaSpace
Kaltura MediaSpace is the prefered method for hosting captioned media content at MSU. Every faculty member is automatically given a Kaltura MediaSpace account. For information on uploading your video to Kaltura MediaSpace, check out the Guide for uploading a video to Kaltura MediaSpace.
Login to Kaltura MediaSpace, go to My Media, then find the video that you want to add captions to. Next, click the Edit button.
This will load the Edit Media page. Next, select the Captions tab, then click Upload File. A new window will pop up.
Click Browse, then select the .SRT file you downloaded from CaptionSync. Next select the correct language and add a label such as “English.” When you are finished, click Save.
To review your captions, “hover” over the top right of the media player. Click the Caption dropdown, then select the .SRT file you just uploaded.
When you are finished, review the file. Your captions are now synced to your video content.